Sunday, August 9, 2009

Birthday Getaway











Michael and I took a trip up to Bird in Hand, PA. to visit a Amish area for my birthday. We had a wonderful visit there and it was such a beautiful time of the year to visit! I love being around the Amish and they are so friendly and helpful. We bought honey, cheese and produce etc. I enjoyed going into Amish homes, looking at their quilts and seeing their gardens. They're amazing!




We found a great store run by the Amish called BB's. It's a discount store with "bents, bumps and a bunch of bargains". I could not believe the incredible prices. I would love to go there again!

2 comments:

Mrs. E said...

How lovely....
SO glad you had such a great
time!! :) Awww... *sigh*
got to love those adorable
Amish buggies!!!!!

Many Blessings~ Miss Jen

P.S.
Did you know...
Rod and Staff has some
great Amish Cookbooks?
I have quite a few of them
*smiles*... I love the simplicity
of there cooking!

Hummingbirder said...

Hi Jen, Yes, I've ordered some from Rod and Staff and I have a couple of other good Amish cookboooks. I like the Bible verses they include and the poems and all.
I would love to go to an Amish home for dinner sometime (some Amish provide this for a small cost) An excellent meal and experience I'm sure!