Monday, October 6, 2008

Goats!












I have been wanting goats for sometime now and my goaty dream came true! Rebecca found them on Craig's list and we went down on Saturday (feast day of St. Francis of Assisi) to pick them up. It turned out the family is Catholic and they know some friends of ours. It was an amazing find!

We are so happy with these beautiful goats. We plan to have them bred and then milk them in the spring. The dark one is "SweetTart" and the reddish one was named "Kentucky" which may be changed to "Assisi" or "Sisi" for short.

Mikey has been doing well with the goats too. He giggles when they lick his hand and he likes to pet them.

2 comments:

Deborah Niemann said...

Congrats on the goats! I love our goats and can't imagine life without them. Feel free to stop by my blog for a cyber-visit.
http://antiquityoaks.blogspot.com

Hummingbirder said...

Thank you! We love them already. They are sweet and very pretty. I have always been partial to Nubians.
I enjoyed reading your blog :)