Monday, March 9, 2009

New Friend


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3sARQWxkqs

We have a new tenant at our house. Her name is Mrs. Conley. She is 79 and is slowing down and her memory is failing but we appreciate her so much. She often helps me with the dishes which is a big help for me! She says that this is one busy cafeteria :)


She adds a special touch to our family that only someone of her age can offer. She is a woman of Christian faith and we share the love of Jesus and the love of old hymns. We both love the hymn Sweet Hour of Prayer and I Need Thee Every Hour, etc.

She is a retired high school English teacher and loves to hear the younger children read aloud to her. I love her attitude toward children. She very tolerant of them and she believes in encouraging them.


I feel blessed to have her here and it feels like we have (almost) all the stages of life under our roof!

No comments: