Monday, September 22, 2008

St.Padre Pio



Padre Pio is one of my favorite saints! He grew up in Italy in a poor family and had a great devotion to God from a young age. His father traveled to America so that he could provide for his family and so that Padre Pio could go to seminary. He became a priest and many miracles followed. He would spend many long hours in the confessional bringing sinners back to God. He knew when people were there out of curiosity and would tell them to come back when they were sincere. He had an incredible love for the Eucharist and for salvation of souls.


I went to San Giovanni Rotando, Italy some years ago and was so happy to see where Padre Pio lived and prayed. Tomorrow is his feast day (Sept. 23rd). Our pastor, Father Fasano, has a big devotion to Padre Pio. We are so blessed!

Padre Pio's words:


My heart is filled with a fire of love....It is a delicate and very gentle flame which consumes without causing any pain....this is a wonderful thing for me, something I will perhaps never understand until I get to Heaven.

No comments: